The Routledge Colloquial Series
The Colloquial Series is Routledge's acclaimed series of language courses which teach you languages as they are written and spoken today in their native countries and regions. With over 50 languages covered, the Colloquial Series offers the widest choice and best help available for today's language learner. Each one is a complete and accessible course ideal for beginners in the language, or those with a basic knowledge. By the end of each course you will be able to communicate confidently in everyday encounters and situations, whether for pleasure, business or study.
Colloquial courses are comprised of a number of lessons, each dealing with specific topics. At the beginning of this lesson is a summary box that tells you what you will learn. The lesson is then taught through:
- Dialogues - these revolve around everyday situations. Questions are asked at the beginning to test your knowledge
- Vocabulary Notes - these explain new words introduced in the dialogue. Additional vocabulary is also provided to expand your knowledge of the topic
- Language Points - these explain the structures introduced in the dialogue, with clear explanations on how you can apply them to other situations
- Exercises - to help you practice what you have just learnt (answers are provided at the back of the book)
'Undoubtedly the best series of in-depth language courses on the market.'
- Waterstone's Booksellers
'If you want to get to grips with any of the languages, Routledge's Colloquial series is the best place you could start.'
- Rough Guide to Europe
'The exposition is clear and accurate... the subject matter seeks to amuse, rather than bore... It is remarkable that ways are found, even within this essentially spoken register, to introduce the 'whole' grammar, that is, even features usually absent.'
- The Slavonic and East European Review on Colloquial Czech
'The Colloquial Series fills the ever-increasing market for language guides. They are always up-to-date, clear and accessible and enable the reader to communicate effectively in the chosen language.'
- Blackwell's University Bookshop
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.