Colloquial Yoruba: The Complete Course for Beginners has been carefully developed by an experienced teacher to provide a step-by-step course to Yoruba as it is written and spoken today.
Combining a clear, practical and accessible style with a methodical and thorough treatment of the language, it equips learners with the essential skills needed to communicate confidently and effectively in Yoruba in a broad range of situations. No prior knowledge of the language is required.
Colloquial Yoruba is exceptional; each unit presents a wealth of grammatical points that are reinforced with a wide range of exercises for regular practice. A full answer key, a grammar summary, bilingual glossaries and English translations of dialogues can be found at the back as well as useful vocabulary lists throughout.
Key features include:
- A clear, user-friendly format designed to help learners progressively build up their speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
- Jargon-free, succinct and clearly structured explanations of grammar
- An extensive range of focused and dynamic supportive exercises
- Realistic and entertaining dialogues covering a broad variety of narrative situations
- Helpful cultural points explaining the customs and features of life in Nigeria
- An overview of the sounds of Yoruba
Balanced, comprehensive and rewarding, Colloquial Yoruba is an indispensable resource both for independent learners and students taking courses in Yoruba.