Professor Toto French
Professor Toto is a series of multi-award winning language education tools for ages 2 to 8. Animated DVDs, song-filled CDs, and colorful workbooks introduce a stimulating menagerie of characters who teach French, Spanish, Italian, Chinese or German. Youngsters watch and laugh with other students and a funny professor. They sing language-building songs and interact in lively classroom lessons. Best of all, because students are emotionally engaged and immersed in their new language, they really learn. Professor Toto is great for toddlers, preschoolers, and K-6. Since children remember the words that make them happy, Professor Toto’s students really learn. That’s why Professor Toto won six major children’s educational media awards.
The Professor Toto Multimedia Kit includes:
- 2 audio CDs: Eric's Day Story, Sing & Learn.
- 2 Activity books: Eric's Day Color & Learn, Sing & Learn Illustrated Lyrics.
- Reference books: Learning Guide, Script (target language), Script (English).
Professor Toto is produced by François Thibaut and The Language Workshop For Children, a school like no other according to The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Parents Magazine, People, CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, PBS, BBC, Fox and other major media.
- Understands That Kids Learn Differently: Some prefer to listen, others respond more to visuals. Some repeat everything they hear, and others quietly stash away what they have been learning
- Reinforces Lessons: By offering the same material through different media, kids stay interested and lessions are reinforced. Youngsters watch the Eric's Day story on their DVD. Then they listen to Eric's narration on their CD and renforce the lession by crayoning images of the words in their Color & Learn at the same time.
- Is Child-Friendly: Children are drawn to people who are gentle, friendly and make them laugh, so Professor Toto's characters are too.
- Is Child-Relevant: Professor Toto shows places and routines that kids understand: school, the park, home, breakfast, mom and dad.
- Captures Prime Time: After age 12-1/2 it's almost impossible to learn to pronounce foreign words like a native. Professor Toto captures those "window of opportunity" years. And that's why the Professor only lets youngsters hear a "business standard" version of their target language.